The detection and prevention of drug use in the transport industry has become a major safety issue. Fortunately, we have a number of workable solutions, and our Drugs Intelligence Training Kits deliver reliable results.
Some of the benefits of tackling the drug issue in the transport industry include –
- It demonstrates to all involved in the transport industry that there is a zero tolerance approach to drug taking;
- A pro-active approach and taking preventive measures shows all concerned that drugs must be avoided at all cost;
- Drug screening is very cost-effective and can be used in addition and prior to targeted urine drug tests; and
- Tackling the drug issue proactively helps avoid negative publicity, fines, and accidents.
What We Offer
Our drug intelligence screening service is completely confidential and can be invaluable when screening for possible drug use in drivers’ areas.
Whether you’re looking for prescription drugs, ‘legal highs’, or controlled drugs, our service is capable of detecting the tiniest trace of almost any drug. And, if you have prior knowledge of specific drivers who may be using drugs, then further thorough testing can be undertaken, such as hair and urine testing.
Initially, your swabbing will be a covert operation, carried out without the drivers’ knowledge. With this information you will be able to form an assessment as to whether any further intervention is required. It is important to point out here that all results of intelligence screening are available only to you, and will not be passed on to the police or any other third party.
About Drugs Intelligence Screening Kits
What the Screening Kit Comprises
The Drugs Intelligence Screening Kit comes complete with swabs, full laboratory analysis, plus you’ll receive a report detailing which drugs, if any, were detected.
How the Screening Kit Works
With your Drugs Intelligence Screening Kit any surface can be swabbed in order to detect if there are any traces at all of prescription or controlled drugs. Our recommendation for haulage companies is that the driver’s seat and steering wheel be swabbed. Liquids and bulk powders can also be tested for with your Drugs Intelligence Screening Kit.
The kit instructions are very easy to follow, so once the swabbing has been carried out the swab should be returned to us in the tamper-proof evidence bag, as provided. Please note that return postage is not included in the cost of the Screening Kit.
What We Do Next
Our laboratory will analyse your swab and issue a complete report detailing not only the drugs detected, you’ll also be advised of the drug’s classification under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971. Drug test results can be returned to you by email, post, or even over the phone: simply select your preference on the form included in the Testing Kit.
Who Is the Drugs Intelligence Screening Kit Designed For?
The Drugs Intelligence Screening Kit has been designed for anyone concerned about drug use in the transport industry. Now you can confidentially assess your workplace environment to determine whether drugs may be present on any surface; or, if required, you can have a specific drug tested.
Who We Are
The swab from your Drugs Intelligence Screening Kit will be analysed in the UK at our Home Office Licensed Forensic Drugs Laboratory. Our highly qualified scientists have many years expertise in the area of controlled drugs detection. In order to analyse your sample they will use the sensitive method of Gas Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry (GCMS).
How Long Does It Take to Receive a Drugs Intelligence Screening Kit?
On receipt of your request, your kit will be dispatched to you within 24 hours.
How Long before I Receive the Results of a Drugs Intelligence Screening Kit
- For our Standard Kit, the swab from your Drugs Intelligence Screening Kit will be analysed at our laboratory and you will be provided with a detailed report within 10 working days.
- For our FastTrack Kit, the swab from your Drugs Intelligence Screening Kit will be analysed at our laboratory and you will be provided with a detailed report within 5 working days.
- Please note that swabs provided are for surface testing only and are unsuitable for drug testing in/on humans: for example, the hands, urine, or saliva.
- It’s important to note that, due to the nature of traces detection, information contained within our report cannot be used for evidence: it is only to be used for intelligence purposes.