There are various types of cocaine drug testing kits. In this article we explore the pros and cons of the various tests that you can buy from UK drug testing companies.
Even if you only use cocaine once, traces can remain in your system for as long as 90 days, depending on the type of testing being employed. The most commonly used method is urine testing, as is the least expensive. This particular testing method is used by everyone from schools and employers, all the way up the court system. Not only is urine testing relatively inexpensive, it also delivers results of recent cocaine use quickly and accurately.
Cocaine is often viewed as the drug of choice for the rich and famous, but its use is becoming more prevalent in all classes. In Britain alone, 2% of the population regularly use cocaine, which is about the same level as in the US.
Effects of Cocaine and Crack Cocaine
The dose and how quickly the cocaine enters the brain are what determines intensity.
When cocaine is snorted, it reaches the brain in about 3-5 minutes. Intravenously injecting the substance cuts that time down to between 15 and 30 seconds, whereas smoking delivers an experience that is almost immediate. The trade-off comes in the length of the high, with faster absorption leading to a shorter high time. For example, smoking delivers a 5-10 minute high, while snorting will keep a user high for 15-30 minutes. The after effects of the high is known as a “coke crash” and can include symptoms such as tiredness, irritability and depression. Frequent doses need to be taken if withdrawal is to be avoided.
Paranoia is a common side effect that comes with long-term use of cocaine at a high dosage. When smoking crack cocaine, that paranoia can quickly turn aggressive. Depression is common among addicted cocaine users who kick the habit. The mucous membrane of the nose can become negatively affected with prolonged snorting.
Cocaine Drug Testing
Testing for cocaine drug use is usually done in one of three ways: urine, saliva and hair. Using those methods cocaine can be detected for a period of 1, 4-5 and 90 days, respectively.
Cocaine Drug Testing: Urine Method
- The most affordable of all the methods
- An intrusive testing method
- Tests can be administered at home
- Cocaine detection for up to a week, or longer depending on how often the individual has been using
- A negative result can be delivered if the user abstains from taking cocaine for an extended period of time
- Urine Drug Tests for Cocaine are available as a Single Drug Test For Cocaine and Multi-Parameter Drug Tests including cocaine.
Cocaine Drug Testing: Saliva Method
- Slightly more expensive than urine testing, but less than other methods such as hair and blood
- Considered to be one of the more non-intrusive testing methods
- Testing method becoming more prevalent
- Detects cocaine use during the past few days
- Is better at detecting recent use than other methods
- Perhaps not the best method when trying to make a legal case. This is due to the fact that no nationally accepted standards exist, nor a cut-off concentration for detection, which often mean results will be dependent upon the specific product used.
- Normally a Saliva Drug Test for Cocaine is part of a Multi-Parameter Saliva Drug Test such as a 3 Drug Oral Fluid Test or a 7 Drug Oral Fluid Test
Cocaine Drug Testing: Hair Method
- Far and away the most expensive testing method
- One of the most non-intrusive testing methods
- Able to detect traces of cocaine over longer periods
- Use within the past week is not usually detected
- The amount of hair required for testing needs to be about 1.5 inches long and pencil diameter. Can be done using a single strand
- Brief breaks from cocaine use will not affect the results
Best Drug Tests For Cocaine
Add to basket
£2.49 – £28.99
Add to basket